Why Consider Serving in the 10/40 Window?, Part 2

1040 WindowMatthew 28:19-20, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 

Acts 1:8,   But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

As I mentioned in part one of this series, for all of us, life is filled with choices!

We choose who we will marry. We choose where we will live. We choose where we will go to school. We choose what vocation to pursue. And, for those of us who are in the ministry, we choose where we will serve.

Yes, we choose!

Over the next few days or so, I would like to consider WHY WE SHOULD CONSIDER SERVING IN THE 10/40 WINDOW!

Yesterday, I said one reason that we should CONSIDER SERVING IN THE 10/40 WINDOW is simply because our Lord Jesus has given us the Great Commission. A Commission to GO INTO ALL THE WORLD and proclaim the Good News of Jesus love and forgiveness, and that world includes the 10/40 Window. There’s definitely a second reason we should all CONSIDER SERVING IN THE 10/40 WINDOW.  

THE NEED FOR THE GOSPEL IS GREATEST IN THE 10/40 WINDOW!

UPG 1Approximately 4.89 billion individuals residing in approximately 8,181 distinct people groups are in the revised 10/40 Window. 5,587 (68.3%) of these people groups are considered unreached and have a population of 3.02 billion. This means approximately 62% of the individuals in the 10/40 Window live in an unreached people group.

The 10/40 Window is home to some of the largest unreached people groups in the world such as the Shaikh, Yadava, Turks, Moroccan Arabs, Pashtun, Jat and Burmese. There are hundreds of millions of people in our world who will live their entire lives having never met a Christian, never hearing the Gospel, and never hearing the name of Jesus even once prior to their death and nearly these live in the 10/40 Window.

UPG -2An estimated 3.02 billion individuals live in approximately 5,587 unreached people groups in the 10/40 Window. The 10/40 Window also contains the largest unreached peoples over one million in population.  In addition, the 10/40 Window contains the overwhelming majority of the world’s least evangelized megacities — that is those with a population of more than one million. The top 50 least evangelized megacities are all in the 10/40 Window. That fact alone underscores the need for prioritizing 10/40 Window Great Commission efforts!

Take these numbers above, along with the fact that we are told that 95 percent of all full-time Christian workers are serving only 5 percent of the people, and 5 percent of all full-time Christian workers are trying desperately to serve the other 95 percent of the people in the world and we see the NEED IS GREAT!

UPG -3It would seem to make sense that those of us who are committed to Christ, the cause of Christ, and the Great Commission, should be willing to go where the need is greatest, unless we were specifically told otherwise.

Romans 15:20-21,  Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man’s foundation: 21  But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

“We don’t need to hear a voice, we have a verse. We don’t need a call, we have a command!” – Jim Eliot

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s